Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gen Con


So for the first time in 4 years I will not be making the trip out to Indianapolis for Gen Con. And I gotta say its a bit depressing to me. I've gone 5 of the last 6 years. And the one time I missed it didn't really bother me that much, I guess its becasue I was less of a gamer then, or something. But last night as I went to sleep I looked at my clock and thought, if I were going to Gen Con I would be setting you for 4:30am, and be unable to sleep like at all tonight. Then I got bitter, especially seeing all my friends Facebook updates such as; "Getting Car Packed for Gen Con" etc. Anyways I think I had a point in here and lost it.

I really love Gen Con, its my favorite trip every year. This year Im getting Married and my Vacation and money are tied up in a 2 week trip to Hawaii. Now if you ask me any other day then Today and probably tomorrow which I would rather do hawaii would win no contest hands down. The problem is Hawaii is still 2 months away, and Gen Con officially starts tomorrow. Again Im pretty sure I had a point in here. Or maybe I just wanted to bitch and ramble about how it sucks for me that I'm not going to Gen Con.

Anyways, Best of Luck to all my friends who will be going. Some of them are going for the first time and it really is an Awesome experience.

Josh, Ryan, and Ryan's Roomates will all be playing in the L5R Tourney, so good luck to them, maybe Josh will finally not choke away a tourney win.

Bill and Dixon are going to be playing in the Master of Malifaux 40 stone event. I really hope of them manages a win there, but I think there were too many question marks about their lists and faction choices that could really disrupt their chances. But Best of luck you guys as well.

As for me, I am really looking forward to going again Next year, with my lovely soon-to-be Wife, Mike, and his Wife. Should be a blast.

(That Gen Con Banner was on page 3 of a google image search for Gen Con. pages 1&2 are pretty much girls in skimpy outfits... Click here

1 comment:

HuronBH said...

I feel like that too, but maybe a bit less so as I have not been since 2008. Gencon really is the best Gaming Convention out there as it brings gamers of all types together in one venue and offers you opportunities to partake in an endless variety of games and events.

Unless something big comes up I will be attending Adepticon and Gencon next year. At least we have the Nova Open at the end of the month. A year of no conventions at all for me would be pretty sad.