Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Some Movie Reviews

I've seen the bulk of the movies that were set to release this spring and Figured i'd do my own review of them. I will do my best to keep spoilers out of the reviews.

Iron Man 2
I had a lot of problems with this movie. Overal it was fun and a decent watch. But after how much I liked Iron Man 1, it was a little bit of a let down. I would say its about to same drop off from Spider Man 1 to 2. While the second was still a good movie, the 1st was just way better. There were several cool parts to Iron Man 2 and some great teasers in the movie which made it a good watch. There were also a few ridiculous scenes like where Whiplash is walking down the street as cars flip all over the place and blow up and he is just slow motion walking. Just a little bit Cheezey. I'll give Iron Man 2 a B-

Prince of Persia
This was better than Iron Man 2. Again its a movie with a lot of action and is just a lot fun to watch. Jake Gylenhall was a badass, which I guess a few people didn't think could happen. Down side to this one was that about halfway through the movie they give you a piece of information that basically tells you exactly how the story will end. Still the action was great and the story was pretty good. Total B+ movie

Robin Hood
This was amazing. I am still floored by how great this movie is. Russel Crowe was a fantastic Robin Hood. If you are expecting the traditional Robin Hood story then you will be disapointed. This movie more explains how he became Robin Hood, then explaining his Legend. It was a great movie though. At the end I was crying for Riddley Scott to step up and remake the real legend of Robin Hood movie as a sequel to this one. And I generally don't like sequels. Fantastic Movie and one of the best I've seen in a while. Robin Hood gets an A, easily


So thats that. Coming down the pike I want to see; Night and Day, Last Air Bender, and Sorcerors Apprentice.

No comments: