Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hidden Schemes in Malifaux

Maybe its the way we play the game, or maybe its something else entirely, but Hidden Schemes have cost me my last two games. In a game where VP's are tough to come by announcing vs keeping a secret is a huge deal for the game. But both of my last 2 games would have been at least draws had I just announced my scheme instead of hiding them. I'm curious if tournament play would be different. For now I doubt I'll keep any scheme hidden for a while, see if that makes any difference.

1 comment:

wrabbit37 said...

For the first game, I agree entirely - if you had revealed your scheme, I would not have played any differently and it would have been pretty much the same outcome, only a draw instead of a win. In the game last night, I'm not sure. If I knew you were fighting over those two buildings, I would have tried to put the fight between the two of them rather than engaging you farther away from the one in my deployment zone. Would it have worked? Perhaps. But I agree - keeping schemes hidden is generally a bad idea.